Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Three Random Photos I Took Today

Bunnies and hamsters and turtles, oh my!















The stairs at my neighborhood metro station, painted as an ad for Mountain Dew. Grrr... (see post below)
















Two of my cutie-pie students, Sabrina and Vivian. (They choose their own English names.) I love my students, they are the light of my life here. I'll probably never have kids of my own, so I'm sure I'll never know how it feels to be a parent, but I feel very protective of my students. I think I'm going to worry and wonder about and wish good things for them all the rest of my life.

(And I can actually read all those characters on the wall behind them. Can you believe it?  It still shocks me I can speak and read any Chinese at all.)

8 comments:

  1. Seeing as I have all 3 of those animals as pets...I don't wanna know, and I'm never going to China.

    The end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not even going to ask about the cute animals....
    Don't like mountain dew either...but that art work is amazing.
    Those girls are cute. SO they change their names to english ones? Please explain.
    Not everyone has to have children to have a positive impact on the next generation. you are doing a great job and you mean a lot to those kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mountain Dew instead of Diet Coke? That's like herbal tea instead of coffee. Ick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think those steps are pretty cool. I like the idea of 3 random pictures..its like a peek into your life...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pictures. Hate what they do to the animals......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Someone told me today these animals are sold for pets, not food. But, someone else told me they can be sold for food. I'm not sure, so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. I updated the post.

    BBS, I will write a post about the names, it is quite interesting! And they choose some interesting names.

    Yeah, that ad is pretty neat! Quite visually stunning in person, too. But I'm still ticked it has displaced DC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful stairs and a great picture of your students!

    Lucky you being able to speak and read Chinese...and be living in China.

    What a wonderful experience for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Rebecca... I'm really very surprised when know that you live in China. Especially know about your student (Sabrina and Vivian). I,m very surprised imagine between their name and their face. Do you know what I mean? Hmmm... they are nice and beautiful girls. Can I call one of them? Ouch... I know it's impossible.

    By the way, what going on and why you said that you probably will never have own children? Something wrong...? Or I do mistake in this moment instead...?? Nice day and be happy in China. Can you say "I hate Wono" in Chinese? Hohoho...

    ReplyDelete