Thursday, May 21, 2009

Speaking of Chicken Fingernails...

A popular snack here I cannot get behind: pickled chicken feet. The claws are still on them! I have issues eating animal fingernails, so sue me. You see kids here all the time gnawing on these things like beef jerky. One time I was sitting next to someone on the bus eating them. Blech.

Today was the first time I've touched one. I think it might be the last time, too. But I brought a package of these home in January to show my family and Mishka ate one! And she is the least adventurous eater in our family, so she wins.

8 comments:

  1. I have the heebie jeebies from seeing this...yucko.
    Again, I love my veggies SOOOOO much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, my thoughts EXACTLY!

    If I see anyone in Miami munching on these, I'd assume they were leftovers from a santeria ceremony

    Ew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it was a gummy candy, you know the ones shaped like worms and stuff as a joke...

    Seriously? Pickled animal feet?

    *crosses China off list of countries to visit, with a permanent Sharpie marker*

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I almost threw up a little bit in my mouth. I think I would rather starve...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to feed my dogs a "BARF" diet, which used chicken necks as meat. Yes, you cand special order chicken necks at the butcher shop :)

    Every so often you'd open a box and have a head that got by them staring back at you. Always weirded me out!

    I'd still do the diet if I had a good freezer...trying to manage the food with just my little fridge was too much work.

    Oh...and to answer another post while I'm here, I've never had a corn dog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Johnathan and MackenzieMay 22, 2009 at 7:32 PM

    That is sooo gross!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I pulled one of those out of my soup one time. That night, I dreamed that a giant chicken claw rose from the oceanand attempted to strangle me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my freaking gosh! I am so grossed out right now picturing someone gnawing away at that thing. Yuck! Thanks for sharing, though. I'm pretty amused by it.

    ReplyDelete