Monday, May 25, 2009

Thongs For Your Feet, A New Interpretation


I don't know the Chinese name for these, but I call them toe thongs. Your toes go in the fabric sling, and the thong-y part goes around your heel. They're meant to be worn with slingbacks/pumps. They cracked me up so much when I saw them, I had to try them out. The thong part cut into my heel uncomfortably, but this is probably because my shoe size is 4 sizes bigger than the average Chinese woman's.
Here's what Andrew and I had for lunch today, Big Plate Chicken, a Chinese Muslim dish. (The Muslim foods here are some of my favorites.) After we ate the veggies and chicken, we added freshly made noodles to finish off the broth. On the far right side, there's a chicken foot. Andrew taunted me with it, he picked it up and made it 'talk' to me. They seem to be all bone and skin and gristle, ick. However, the last time we ordered this dish there was a chicken's head, beak and all. I guess feet are not so bad in comparison. I think of both of them like basil leaves in spaghetti sauce, just there for flavor.

6 comments:

  1. For a minute there....I thought the thong went on the OUTSIDE of the shoe....I was scratching my head in wonder. ;0
    Those darn chicken feet....blech.
    Hope you feel better soon. Suz

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I could actually use one of those foot thong thingies cause I wear a ton of slingbacks...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So are you eating meat now, or do you just eat the veggies!

    (Feet and head only count as meat if you're swallowing them whole, btw. Ewwwww indeed)

    I want toe thongs :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feet, head and beak...in your food?? Ay,ay,ay!

    You're a brave girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys, if I could I would send you toe thongs. As much as they made me laugh, they are pretty neat!

    Techno, I eat the whole chicken pieces, but not the feet or head. They just don't seem to have enough meat on them to make it worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so absolutely heavenly. The food, not the toe thong.

    The toe thong is hilarious and also kind of a good idea.

    ReplyDelete