Thursday, May 14, 2009

Home Cookin'

Here's a shot of my cute little fridge. Everything on it I brought from America, except the basket. It's in my living room, the kitchen is too small. I think it's pretty common here to keep your fridge in the living room, though.














The inside of my fridge. The top shelf is full of yogurt, drinks, soy sauce and bread. And that's lettuce in the yellow plastic bag and a head of cabbage on the second shelf. (And a dishrag because I spilled something.) There are no preservatives in bread here so it gets moldy within 3 days unless you keep it in the fridge.












And a shot of my pantry. Some of this stuff I brought with me from America, but most of it is from here.

There you have it. This is how I eat at home. Very different than my fridge/pantry in America, that's for sure!  But I am glad to have a fridge at all. It's a blessing here.

5 comments:

  1. I love the way you decorate your fridge...and keep it in the living room?? That's convenient, I guess. I have two fridges, one in the kitchen and a small one in the DINING ROOM (believe it or not)! We really need to find a better place for the small one. (Maybe the living room??) ;)

    Btw, I keep my bread in the fridge as well. Same thing happens here in Miami.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found the fasted way for me to lose some weight. Move to china.
    ;0
    you are too cute. Thanks for sharing.
    Oh, moldy bread...ewwww.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So basically, you live like a college student in a dorm :-D

    Enjoy it... soon those pics will be distant & fond memories :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your place is cute! It may be tiny, but so is my studio apt here. Your fridge is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. techno, lol, but in college I had a full size fridge! :) But yes, good way to think of it.

    Scarlet, too funny, hope you find a good place for it.

    BBS, if the small fridge doesn'd do it, the dysentery will. :)

    Thanks, dream!

    ReplyDelete