Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Hairy Nipples and the Sex Theme Park

One of my students today asked me if all American men have hairy nipples. Phew I am here to share American culture!  I just didn't realize sometimes the culture would be about hairy nipples.

My students are very curious about sexual things, but there is no sex ed here, and no one talks about sex openly. Hence the "tragedy" of the cancellation of Love Land, a sex theme park that was being built in my city. A bunch of news outlets reported on it over the weekend, and due to the publicity, it's now been torn down by government officials. You can read more about it, and see pictures, here. Drat! I was really looking forward to the photo ops! Also, I wonder who's taking home that giant statue??


6 comments:

  1. Hairy nipples??? That is too funny!!! That statues is the greatest. That would be quite interesting to have in your backyard though. What great gossip for the neighbors, hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missed photo ops? Too funny.
    I can only imagine the hits you are going to get from google with your "hairy nipples" title!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose now you'll just have to head on over to the Sex Park on Cheju Island in Korea to get your fix :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I wanna know how you answered that question. :)

    That theme park is outrageously funny. Judging by what you've told us so far, I'm surprised construction got as far along as it did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I told him that Westerners generally are more hairy than Chinese men, but not all of them are really hairy. I have no idea where this question came from, but they have been running Wolverine movie commercials on tv and he is really hairy. Maybe that is where he got the idea to ask?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know those Big John's grocery stores in the U.S.? I used to wonder what they did with all those Big John giants and finally decided they must have a Big John graveyard. Maybe they should take the statue there so Big John has someone to play with.

    ReplyDelete