Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Chinese Diet Coke, Plus Tears

'Diet Coke' in Mandarin roughly translates as 'Healthy Happy, Delicious Can Make You Happy.' Nice work, translator/PR/Marketing people!  I totally agree.
'Diet Pepsi' translates as 'Light Happy, 100 Things Make You Happy.' Eh, not as clever, in my opinion. And I don't like Pepsi, so there's that.

This is an old picture. It is currently almost impossible to find Diet Coke in my city. The store that carried it is now stocking Mountain Dew (new in Mainland China) in its place.

Mountain Dew instead of Diet Coke? *cries*

2 comments:

  1. Ok, now I feel guilty! Diet Coke isn't so important. But, I like it soo muc *cries some more*

    No really, it's a silly thing, but it was nice while it lasted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thats funny. I love Pepsi to drink, but I love coke in my Jack and Coke...sorry you dont like Pepsi...

    and those translations are pretty interesting...I never knew...

    ReplyDelete