Thursday, June 4, 2009

Upcoming Events

So, here's how my life is going lately, and in the near future:

I start finals next week. I'll be doing 8 hours of oral interviews, 6 hours of administering written exams, and who knows how many hours grading 60 research papers. I've spent the last week or so writing all the exams, now I just have to wait for the school to schedule them and tell me when to show up. Taking exams sucks, but writing them is not much better. Especially when I am encouraged not to fail anyone. But that is another story.

Exams go for two weeks, I turn in grades, and I won't have to be back at school until the second week of September. A lot of time off!  But I spend the last two weeks of July in a city about 5 hours away doing teacher training, so it won't be a continuous break.

I won't be going home this summer due to the cost of the ticket. So, I'll be kicking it in China (perhaps Cambodia), studying Chinese, working out, exploring China, etc. And getting ready for next semester. I might not have a lot to say here, so there might be some blog blackouts. But, I hope my summer isn't too boring.

5 comments:

  1. You will be very busy it seems for a while...I do hope your summer turns into a fun adventure for you though!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kickin' it in Cambodia! It doesn't sound like you have a boring summer ahead, if you ask me. I hope you don't miss home too much, and if you stop blogging, just know we will miss YOU! :)

    Happy Summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could blog about the kind of toothpaste you use and I'd still follow you eagerly.

    And I'm not a stalker, I sware! LOL

    You deserve some time off, girl... Hope you have a grand summer that you'll never forget!

    Just... don't forget to post about it... *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh..I am sorry you wont be able to go home, but I surely hope that you have an amazing time off once its all said and done. Embrace your summer and watch fun surprises pop around every corner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, good luck getting through everything!

    The time off sounds like heaven. I'd love to hear about your adventures. While you're in Cambodia...I will be in a grey box office.

    Now who has the boring summer?

    ReplyDelete