Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My New Friend


I was grading papers today in the school's courtyard and this very cute little girl wandered over to stare at me. I was eating these little cracker thingies so I gave her one, and then we were BFF.  How cute is she? I see about a hundred cute little girls every day. They are just adorable here.

(And can you see what's in the background? SUNSHINE. It was a Chonx miracle!)








She's trying to peer into my cell phone camera lens. After I took her picture, she wanted to see it on my phone. She was a very self-aware pre-schooler. And btw, whatever I could smear on my face to make my skin look like hers, I'd do it. No questions asked.

7 comments:

  1. Oh to be young and have flawless skin...and enjoy crackers with a new friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I would smear pretty much anything on my skin if it would look like that. Pretty much.

    She is so darling. And I'm not even a huge fan of kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Porcelain skin, not a pore in sight and there probably never will be.

    I spill jealousy all over this blog comment.

    LOL :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems like kids in China are all cute and curious =)

    As for the skin treatment, I heard most stuff in China bleaches your skin to make it whiter. Is that true?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Rebecca... she's a cutie... I heart the adorable kids here. :)

    FYI- I went to google, typed in "Chinglish Shirt" and your face popped up in the images! Pretty awesome... you have been Chinglish-ed!

    @mutedstep- Yes, pretty much everything used on skin has bleach in it... stay away!
    And many of them use makeup that is many shades whiter than their skin... I have some awesome pictures of my face after a winter concert. I looked like a mix between a Japanese kabuki girl and bride of Frankenstein... it was interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cutie, I agree. Find out her beauty secrets and please share! :)

    ReplyDelete