Monday, June 8, 2009

I Hate Surprises, But I Love John Krasinski

I hate surprises. No, really, I do. I would rather watch a movie I've already seen or read a book I've already read. I like knowing what's going to happen. Even when the surprises are supposed to be romantic, or fun, I don't really enjoy them. I don't like not knowing what to expect. (China hasn't beaten this out of me yet.) I want to know upfront what you want. The men who get anywhere with me are direct, and don't spring anything on me. (Sorry, but this is one chica who does not like the swoop-and-surprise-Predator-drone kiss. I actually have a funny story about one such kiss. Another time I'll have to share it.) So, when I read this quotation from John Krasinski, I swooned:

"I'm a huge classics fan. I love Ernest Hemingway and J.D. Salinger. I'm that guy who rereads a book before I read newer stuff, which is probably not all that progressive, and it's not really going to make me a better reader. I'm like, "Oh, my God, you should read To Kill a Mockingbird." And people are like, "I'm not 15." Still good, though."


Yes! John can't be the only guy out there like this, can he? Oh, and John? I love To Kill A Mockingbird. Call me!!

10 comments:

  1. Ha! I hope he googles his name and finds you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. With every single book I read, I always read the last couple of pages first. I can't help it. I have to get an idea of how it will end, so I can stop worrying about it and enjoy the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second the "hating surprises" thing... I am the same way with movies, books, and relationships. :)

    And either you have super American pop culture/movie knowledge or I was born under a rock (or both) 'cause you seem to know a lot of actors' names. I had to google this one and ask Lisa... gotta start watching The Office (never heard of it 'til I got to China).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like surprises! But I can see knowing what is going to happen also has a calming effect on you.
    John K? So cute....really, he is just a doll.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's adorable. But I find his legs skinny.

    Meh. Can't have it all eh? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL. I HATE surprises too. I am completely on the same page as you. And I love To Kill A Mockingbird. I read the story as a kid in school and then I saw the movie. Its powerful! But I so hope that you get that call from him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scarlet, oooh I didn't even think of that!

    Marianne, I totally do that too. I just have to.

    Kristina, you are living under a rock! It won Emmys! It's good, check it out, you might like it.

    BBS, calming, that is a good way to put it. Maybe I have anxiety, that's why I like to know what's going on.

    Myself, lol, I never even noticed his legs. Oh no, now I will!

    It's just me, cool, glad I am not alone in this. I always thought it was weird I don't like surprises, now I accept it as a part of my wonderful self. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. For real! Oh come on, life's little surprises are the best! OK not the kind that floats in a toilet after your guest has flushed, but... LOL!

    I too love reading a good book twice, but I prefer finding new good books to enjoy.

    Something about life being short, I guess...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like some surprises...but not with books and movies. I watch the same stuff over and over and read the same books every year. It's comforting. I get it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Call me crazy, I like him with the beard, skinny legs and all.

    I like a man with flaws, it means he might accept mine, too.

    Techno, I can see what you're saying, but my brain just does not work that way! Luckily, I have some good qualities to balance out this annoying thing.

    ReplyDelete