Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sleepy Girls On The Subway


I love how the mom is holding her daughter's head up. I wonder if that was comfortable?  Before I took this picture, her brother (on the left) kept trying to pat her face. She pitched a fit and his mom yelled at him to leave her alone. It's funny how kids are the same all over the world.

I also love this pic because it reminds of me when I'd fall asleep next to my dad on the D.C. Metro and he'd carry me home. Sometimes I was just pretending to be asleep so I didn't have to walk. I think he knew.

5 comments:

  1. It's great how a scene or a photo of small children, even as far away as China (for me), can take you back to a simpler time and place. My father would carry me as well...and I'd be wide awake snuggling up and talking to him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe, you're so cute rebecca! and i know this because you posted pics of your younger self :-D

    I'm sure your dad was OK with it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a funny picture. I wonder if this Mom had to pay a fine????
    Love the story about your Dad...you lazy girl. ;0 Yes, I am jealous that I did not think of such things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this picture.

    One of the last memories I have of my dad is him carrying me up the stairs when I fell asleep on the couch. I obviously pretended to be asleep too, but mostly because I loved how it felt to be in his arms. What a good memory. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the sweetest gesture by the mother. I'm constantly amazed by all the little things mothers do for their children to make life just a little bit better.

    Thank you for sharing the moment.

    ReplyDelete