Thursday, September 17, 2009

Indonesia or Bust! Plus, The Wisdom Of Cats



If all goes according to plan, this is where I'll be spending part of my winter break. You can get very cheap airfare from China to Indonesia, and stay in cheap huts on the beach, perfect for someone on a Peace Corps (read: nonexistent) budget. I need fresh air and open space. Can't wait!

Also, I was talking yesterday with a friend about men who aren't fully honest about their dating/marital status. Reminded me of a guy I went out with a few times in Texas, I think Tony was his name. I went to his apartment once, for just a few minutes, and he had a cat. And I remember thinking, single guys in their 20s don't usually have cats. Suspicious! Also, he had the world's cheesiest flower painting on the wall. So I went home that night and shamelessly googled-- and thank heaven for Texas and their open records laws, there was his marriage certificate in all its PDF glory!  And no divorce certificate to match. Thanks, cat, for saving me from a loser.

(Interestingly, the guys I know who turned out not as solo as they claimed (all two of them) I have not enjoyed kissing. Maybe my inner-self knew they weren't being honest and tainted it for me?)

6 comments:

  1. I hope you get that trip to Indonesia, if anyone deserves a nice trip, it is you.
    Love the cat/married guy story.
    I had a few bad kissers in my past, but I think they were single..for that very reason!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a very nice beach. Girls tell me all the time, no way in hell could I be single. I just shrug and say something smooth :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That photo made me quiver... sooo beautiful! You must be counting down the days with a huge smile on your face, eh?

    I know I would :-D

    And for the kissers... hot damn, you're right. Specially if they've been married for a long time, kissing = sucky fail :-o

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks pretty.

    As for the kissing, never done an attached guy, so I dunno!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Attached men always have a pull and throw thing about them, but I never knew about the kissing thing...not that I want to find out!

    Have fun in beautiful Indonesia! What a place!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So that looks like fun...never been to Indonesia, but I did meet a nice family from there a few years ago...Fini, Fina and Timmi.. I hope you have an amazing break and then post a pic of you on that island :)

    ReplyDelete