Friday, September 25, 2009

Chinese Pizza Hut

Pizza Hut was one of the first Western restaurants to open branches in mainland China, back in the early 90's, and they're very fancy and upscale and I feel weird eating at them. Also, expensive! Here's a photo of a Chinese Pizza Hut interior:




Pretty romantic, eh?

They have the basic pizzas you can order in the U.S., but also some local specialties. A few of us went to Pizza Hut earlier this month (for only the third time since I've been here), and Mike ordered this tubular creation:



And I hate to say it, but it kinda grossed me out, because it reminded me of these*...



...and no way did I want little stinging sausages shooting out of bread tubes at me while I'm eating dinner.

*sea anemones

6 comments:

  1. Disclaimer being that I don't eat pizza, however, that's the most bizarre looking pizza I have EVER seen in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. eeeew! that's an aberration not a pizza! LOL

    I do admit that restaurant looks pretty snazzy - did you have a good time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really weird. I refuse to go to Pizza Hut here, I dislike the pizza and the atmosphere. (I admit, I am a bit of a food snob)
    Your pizza hut looks pretty cool. Mike's pizza? NOT cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, that is a gross looking pizza. He must be a brave soul to order something like that. That resturant is just too snazzy looking to be a pizza joint. My question is, do the american pizzas taste the same, or do those also have a Chinese twist to them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That made me laugh. Thanks...I needed that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow...the decor is pretty cool...but, I dont think I could eat there...

    ReplyDelete