Saturday, October 25, 2008

Qipao


I bought black satin fabric to have made into a qipao (chee-pow), the traditional Chinese style dress. I chose this length and collar style, but mine will have little cap sleeves. I got the fabric at the wholesale market for about $8.00, and it'll probably cost another $10-15 for the tailoring. All in all, still a pretty good deal for a formal custom-tailored dress!

My fabric is black with a subtle black cherry-blossom pattern embroidered/embossed into it. If I like the dress enough perhaps I will get a red or pink version made as well.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that will be so pretty. I can't wait to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys. It will have to wait a few weeks for the tailoring due to finances but as soon as it is finished I will post a picture.

    ReplyDelete