Thursday, October 9, 2008

Graham Crackers and Milk

Take a drinking glass, fill it with broken (not crushed) pieces of graham crackers, pour in cold milk and eat it with a spoon. (My dad taught me to make this long before Golden Grahams hijacked it.) One of my favorite treats, and an awesome bedtime snack. I also love graham crackers and cream cheese frosting sandwiches. Basically you can never go wrong with graham crackers.

I think it tastes best with plain grahams, not the cinnamon or chocolate variety.

Other yummy snacks my parents would make us:

-a smashed banana, sugar and milk in a glass, eaten with a spoon

-maple snow (fresh snow mixed with maple syrup and cream)

2 comments:

  1. Those are some interesting treats! I'm having a tough time picturing the "Maple Snow".

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! We used to make "ice cream" out of snow by adding vanilla. It's nice to know we weren't the only ones to do stuff like that. Oh, the memories...

    ReplyDelete