Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Mandarin

A quick language update:

I have a tutor I meet with twice a week, for one hour each time. Her name is Cassie and she works for the school and she is really nice. We work on speaking Mandarin and writing Chinese characters. The plan is for me to continue studying with a tutor for the full two years I am here. (The Peace Corps pays for it, hooray!) Next week I start a Chinese calligraphy class here at the school. It's something I am really looking forward to. Maybe when I get back to the U.S., I can earn some side money drawing Chinese tattoos! haha.

I passed my language test with the Peace Corps, I scored an Intermediate Low (the bare minimum they expected from us). Some people scored much higher, but whatever, I can dance better than they can!

No comments:

Post a Comment