Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Good Things

Remember Martha Stewart Living? She always had a section called "Good Things." So as part of my effort to enjoy the present, here are some "Good Things":

1. Technology! I can keep in touch with friends and family. I don't have 24/7 internet access, but when I get on and see emails and updates, nothing makes me happier.

2. Really cheap cell phone service. My cell phone costs me about $3.00 a month to use. Eat that, Verizon! And no contracts.

3. Delicious bottled tea. Jasmine tea is very popular here as a cold drink, and you can buy it bottled just about everywhere. Light and refreshing and just slightly sweet, it's my favorite tea drink.

4. Dim Sum on the street. There are street vendors selling dim sum and Chinese BBQ all over the place. (Pics soon!) It isn't cheap or healthy, but it is plentiful and readily available, if you want it. And it makes your walk anywhere quite an adventure, all the smells and smoke. Occasionally I do treat myself to veggie potstickers on the way home. A lady sells them right outside my gate.

5. Little Chinese kids. They are just the cutest things ever. Today I was behind a little 1 1/2 year old or so girl with her mom on the escalator. She had on a little red traditional Chinese coat, and little red shoes. She kept sticking one leg waaay out in the air, preparing to step off. I could hear her mom keep telling her "Not yet." Finally she got to the bottom and got her leg all ready to step off and leapt off the escalator. She was just so cute. It made me smile.

1 comment:

  1. Those are all great things! I would love to see some more photos......

    ReplyDelete