Saturday, October 25, 2008

Clarity

I don't know what causes it, but I love the day that your head and heart finally clear and you can say to yourself with confidence and clarity: that guy is a jerk and treated/treats me badly and I am worth more than that. And you see the small bones he throws at you for what they are. And then you have the liberating confidence and self-esteem to not ever want to speak to him again.

This short speech nails it. For the past year I've been able to relate to this character far too well. A movie can't change my life, but it sure can open your eyes a bit.

3 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!!! This is a WONDERFUL day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love days like that, when you realize your 'worth'. Mucho love for you girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. where have I been? glad you know what you're worth!

    ReplyDelete