Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Update

Hello!  Sorry it has been a while since I have written, but it is mostly because nothing very eventful has been happening, so that is a good thing! 

I had a great 3 weeks at home, and got back to Chongqing with no problems. It was just a very long trip though, almost 48 hours with layovers. Phew, was I happy when I finally made it! My luggage arrived with me with no problems, and the three boxes of supplies I mailed to myself also got here with no problems. I was definitely watched over. 

School has not started yet, so I am just preparing for classes, working my lessons, studying Chinese and fixing up/cleaning my apartment. Hence the lack of updates, not much going on here yet. 

But, I do feel much more at peace being here this time around. I don't know why, but it is a blessing to feel good about being here. Marilyn reminded me that my dad used to say a lot of happiness is managing expectations, and I guess this time around, I know what to expect. It does make a big difference. 

I love you all, please drop me a line! I have a local number you can call, it rings to my computer through skpe. It's 801-542-9378. I am 15 hours ahead of Mountain Time. Call me anytime! 

2 comments:

  1. Yey! I was beginning to worry about you, girl. Love your new photo, too... lovely hairstyle :-)

    Yes, managing expectations is what it's all about. No more raw food, ok? I imagine you gorged on salads while you were home! LOL

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I gorged myself on LOTS of things while I was home! I am reminded of that every time I put my jeans on. It was worth it, though.

    I call it the teddy bear ears hairstyle. It is very comfortable.

    ReplyDelete