Thursday, February 12, 2009

Skype

I got a U.S. based telephone number through Skype and now anyone can call or text* me here in China by calling/texting a U.S. phone number. Magic!  And I can make unlimited calls to the U.S. and Canada.  The only downside is that I have to be at my computer to talk and text, but still: calling and texting again!  For only $5.00 a month! (I'm not going to post my number here for obvious reasons, but it's a regular telephone/cell number, you'd never know it goes to a computer.) Skype even let's you choose the area code you want your number to be in. I feel a bit like Kip in Napolean Dynamite: "I love technology...not as much as you, you see...but I still love technology..." Yeah, I do.  

*Addendum: people can't text me, I can only text them. BOOO, improve this, skype!

www.skype.com

2 comments:

  1. WW, yes, they do! It's always more fun to talk to long distance friends when you can see them.

    Matt, I didn't know that. Makes sense.

    ReplyDelete