Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Jim and Pam Sweetness

From the most recent episode of The Office:

Pam, to Jim: "[My father] said that you told him how much you love me, about how you feel when I walk in a room, and about how you've never doubted for a second I'm the woman you want to spend the rest of your life with." 

[hugging and tears between Jim and Pam here]

Pam, to the camera: "When you're a kid you assume your parents are soulmates. My kids are gong to be right about that." 

Awww....

Yeah, I know, it's just a show. But here's what I love about Jim and Pam: the sweetness. They don't always say and do the perfect things, they've been not-so-sensitive to each other on occasion, they've experienced awkwardness and uncertainty about each other, and they've both had moments of heartache. Pretty realistic stuff. But they both care, and they both try. Of course, this is tv, so things finally have worked out in the end, but still...it's one of my favorite depictions of fictionalized romance. 

(And yes, I do aspire to have someone think that when I walk in the room, they are the luckiest man alive. I aspire to feel the same way about him!)

3 comments:

  1. *sigh* I know I emailed you about how much I loved this scene but honestly could it have been any better? (I have it PVR'd and Im not afraid to admit it but I've rewatched the scene a few times already!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVED that scene! Where is MY Jim, dang it?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebex you deserve a Jim, I agree. Laurie, you are lucky. I have to get on hulu and fast forward.

    ReplyDelete