Monday, December 7, 2009

An Honest Man (Is Good To Find)

A conversation I had with a male friend here a few months ago, while we were walking down the street:

Male Friend: "Sometimes, I really wish you drank alcohol."
Me: "Why? So you'd have a better chance of getting in my pants?"
Male Friend: "Well....yeah."

His honesty was refreshing. I'm not offended by this type of honesty. What I hate is men who pretend to be interested in you as a person, but are only interested in sex. When I first met this friend, I didn't think much of it, but now he is one of my best friends here. I feel very comfortable with him, in part because of his honesty. I know there is no secret agenda I have to watch out for. (And he knows where I stand, too.)

In other news, I have an old-fashioned tummy ache. (Not what the Chinese call "spicy stomach", i.e. diarrhea, which is usually what happens to us here.) I ate something that didn't agree with me, very easy to do here. Phew for my mom sending me Celestial Seasonings Tummy Mint! Thanks, mom, for your foresight. It also reminds me of when my brother was a little boy and would get a tummy ache, he'd ask my mom to put a band-aid on his belly button. How cute is that? Maybe I should try it, it always seemed to make him feel better.

p.s., for some reason I can't access my blog, only the blogger dashboard. I can see your awesome comments by email, but if I don't respond here, that's why. It's been down for weeks now, I keep thinking it'll come back up! I'm not sure why I can't get in.

5 comments:

  1. Amen sister! I love when guys are honest about what they want. I think it speaks volumes about a guy when he's not lying just to get what he wants, he's telling you right up front and if you're on board great, if you're not he'll find someone who is and you don't get hurt in the process.

    Feel Better

    PS- A couple of weeks ago blogger randomly moved my side bar down beneath all of my posts. It's so annoying and I have no idea how to fix it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bandaid on the tummy...cute! :)

    As for the honest man, I LOVE that he was upfront with you. It's very refreshing, isn't it?? I usually get the other type, the ones that act like your best friend and later accuse you of being a tease because you refuse to sleep with them. What's up with that??!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Better an intention you know than one you don't! I'm all for cards flat on the table. Kudos for your friend's honesty :)

    What remedies do the locals use for tummy aches? Do you have access to ginger ale or alka seltzer?

    Get better! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I learned a long time ago, that most men only want a shot at getting in your pants. Even those that fear to cross the line to tell you honestly, they end up becoming a good 'guy friend', but trust they fanticize about getting in your pants. They are wired that way. Hubby told me when we were dating. Its honest to share, hard to believe, but oh so true.

    Hope your tummy gets better soon. Try some sprite and crackers ok? (or at least an antacid)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you can't see your blog? I don't get it? I have all my comments emailed to me, perhaps this could help you in your comment responding??? You change it in your set up.
    Good luck,

    Work from home India

    ReplyDelete