Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Happy New Year, Chinese Style

An hour ago, I got a call from my boss at our University inviting me to go on a trip with his family for the weekend to another province. We leave tomorrow at noon. (This is how things happen in China: at the last minute. I have no idea if other teachers are going too, or just me. I'll find out when the car arrives.) I have two sets of plans for New Year's Eve this evening, and I'm not sure which yet I'll choose. But tomorrow I'll be leaving town, so let me tell you all now: Happy New Year!  新年快乐!

Btw,I'm still waiting for students to send me pictures they took of our night hosting the pageant. I'll post some as soon as I get them. They are in the middle of finals, so I'm not pushing for them yet. (I forgot my camera, of course.) I ended up wearing a long black fitted skirt and a "sexy" (their words) matte silver/gray top, with some fun accessories. A student loaned me a diamond hair thingy to wear my hair pulled up into in the front, then flipped at the ends. It was a very 60's mod look. And 4-inch heels, of course.

10 comments:

  1. This is why I would never survive in China, I love a plan. The idea of doing everything last minute literally gives me heart palpatations.

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the pictures!! Happy New year to you too...where ever you may be, have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Rebecca!! Have a great time and be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, Rebecca! Hope you have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! Sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A most Happy New Year to you, Rebecca!

    In your honor tonight for our NY eve snack/dinner I am making chinese shrimp pancakes with dipping sauce, mmm! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I pretty much do everything--last minute. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Years R. Hope you have an exciting time on your trip. Let us all know how it goes! Cant wait to see the pictures so, know we are all on pins and needles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a New Year miracle: I can get into my blog again!

    I will let you know where we went, and what we did, and this time, I am taking my camera! Okay, off to pack.

    Hope you all have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year, Chica!!

    Sounds like you'll be back with some very interesting stories and pictures! I can't wait to see that "sexy" look you had going on at the pageant...with those 4" heels and all. Woo-hoo!

    ReplyDelete