Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Chinglish For Dumb Persons

From my city government's English page about long-distance bus service to and from Chongqing:

"The bus station is equipped with the bus broadcasting station, fire fighting machines, air-conditions, and x-light insecurity check system equipments. Particularly, the bus station sets up an information desk with English, Japanese language and the special terms for dumb persons."


True story: the last time I took a bus, the person checking luggage at the 'x-light insecurity check system equipments' was fast asleep. No one seemed to care. (And English? Not so much.)

2 comments:

  1. OMG you made me pee my pants! Seriously? That is priceless!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! But didn't I see that same sign in West Valley City?

    ReplyDelete