Friday, March 13, 2009

Standards

I joke about how low my standards have gotten since I've been here, but it's really true. If things don't taste terrible, they're okay. A tv show is good as long as it is watchable. Restaurants aren't clean or not, what matters is if the food is edible. 

I noticed when I visiting the States just how low my standards had gotten when a friend of a friend was complaining about her napkin in a restaurant and I secretly wanted to tell her to shut up. At least she had a napkin! And we knew that most likely the food we were eating was not going to make us sick. We were way ahead of the curve. 

So if I talk about something here and you wonder, wow, she likes that?  Just remember where I am. 


1 comment:

  1. Ha ha! Great perspective. Thanks for sharing.

    PS: Even though I'm not in China, I probably would have wanted to tell that girl to shut up too - I hate when people complain about stupid things.

    ReplyDelete