Saturday, March 14, 2009

NYC: Shopping and Shipping

Did you know that if you buy something in NYC and have it shipped out of state by the seller, there is no sales tax?  So instead of paying the tax, you can spend that money on ground shipping and save yourself the trouble of having to haul your purchases through the city, subway, airport etc. You'll have to wait about a week to get your stuff, but then you get the excitement all over again of discovering what you bought. 

I did this on one of my trips to NYC that was mostly about shopping (back when I had a job that made money). At each store, I just had my purchases shipped back home for a small fee, and I was able to spend a week in NYC with only a carry-on sized bag. I always travel by subway in NYC when I am there for pleasure, so having a small bag is very convenient. (When I went for work I had paid car service, but most of the time I was there for pleasure.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment