Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Skin and Stuttering

1. I have never been so white in my life. I don't like it. There is no sunshine here, so it's very difficult to get any kind of tan. Of course, this is a selling point with the locals; because white skin is prized as the most beautiful type of skin in Chinese culture, people are always saying Chongqing girls are the most beautiful in the country because they get no sun and it's very humid here.  Well, I have to admit part of this is true: my skin as never been so clear and moisturized. On the other hand, I don't like being this white!  What I would give for a tanning bed. 

2. The stuttering. Those of you who don't know me in person don't know that on occassion I stutter a bit. It started about 2 years ago. It's always so weird to me when it happens, I just cannot get the words out that are in my brain!  Anyway, it's still happening on occassion. Does this happen to everyone? I'm just letting you know so when it turns out I have a brain tumor, none of you are shocked. You're welcome. 

4 comments:

  1. It's not a true "stutter" but I do find I have trouble forming coherent verbal sentences when I've been working alone at the home office for a while.

    My verbal skills just go to seed that quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's more accurate to say one word gets stuck in my brain. It's like the word gets caught on my tongue and I can't move forward, I just say the first part again and again. It's a very strange sensation. Like a record skipping in your brain.

    I speak crappy English now, if it's any consolation. My Chinese is getting in the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I stutter quite a bit when I try to speak too fast or am tired or nervous, LOL! Totally embarassing at work. Durrr.

    Your natural beauty is enough to blind anyone, no matter the colour of your skin - you GO, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. White is the new tan (at least that's what I tell myself each summer when I try to convince myself to wear a bathing suit). Maybe I should move to China! ;)

    ReplyDelete