Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Ghost?

I believe in ghosts, but I'm not sure I believe in a ghost so bored they would play these kinds of tricks on me. But some very weird things happened in my house last night!  

I set my alarm clock on the desk next to my bed, but in the morning I woke up without the alarm and noticed it was getting light outside. Hmmm. Not only did the alarm not go off, I couldn't even FIND the alarm clock! I finally found it on the other side of the desk, in the middle of the bottom shelf. I thought maybe I had knocked it onto the floor by accident in my sleep, but the bottom of the lower shelf? How did it get there?  And it was still ticking, but IT HAD LOST THREE HOURS. So my alarm clocked not only moved, it stopped keeping time for three hours, then started back up again. SO WEIRD. (And it's a new alarm clock, so the battery is only 6 weeks old or so.)

Then I turned on my tv and the kids channel I always watch had been changed. I NEVER change the channel. For the past 6 weeks, it has always been on the kids channel, every time I turn the tv on. But not this morning. 

Strange things are afoot in my apartment. I hope this is the end of it! 

7 comments:

  1. I think you're right, sleepwalking is the only logical explanation. I've lived alone for so many years, I have no idea if I sleepwalk. I've never had anything like this happen before, but it is certainly possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? Sleepwalking? That's the best you can do? Here's a few more "logical" explanations:
    1. Some maintenance guy (with a key to your apartment) is taking some much needed break time in the novelty of an "American's" apartment.
    2. Your "landlord" is into weird practical jokes...
    3. ... okay, sleepwalking is valid...
    4. It's Satan... Hey, I wouldn't put it past him! (and thank you, mother, for instilling this kind of "supernatural" logic into my psyche!!).
    5. You really WERE abducted by aliens, hence the lost time, and you unconsciously hid your alarm clock because it's a symbol of the time lost, due to your abduction. Here's how to diagnose: Did you feel excessively tired when you woke up? Do any of your orifices seem tender...?

    I guess sleepwalking is a much better explanation...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Micah! Never ask me about my orifices again! EW! Haha.

    Well, fwiw, that supernatural logic thing? I think it's a Catholic thing. If that helps.

    I hope my landlord didn't come in because it happened while I was supposedly sleeping CREEPY.

    Marianne, if Mulder is on the case, my alarm clock can do whatever it wants. :)

    I still think the missing time is the weirdest part. Why would I reset the clock??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, that just gave me goosebumps!! I LOVE ghost stories, and I am believing that is what it is. Not sleepwalking or alien abductions, I second the EWWW Micah!! I hope you have more "happenings". (as long as you are not freaked out by it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of our fire company members sleeps walks.

    He also tends to fall asleep watching TV when he stays at the station on his Thursday evening ambulance shifts (for the rest of Rebecca's readers, we're mostly volunteers and our station is normally not formally staffed except by the daytime paid ambulance crew, but we usually have guys around in the evening)

    Anyway, it's hilarious anytime there is a new guy around and watch their reaction when they first see Scott sleepwalking and the rest continue on as if nothing unusual is going on. The "Oh my God, what is wrong...AND WHY THE HELL AREN'T YOU GUYS AS UPSET AS ME!" look in their eyes is precious.

    I think my favorite episode was the day he got up from the chair, laid underneath the pool table, and woke up an hour later, "How the hell did I get here?"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thinking for sure you have ghosts! How cool is that??

    ReplyDelete