Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Timely

The secretary of my school's Foreign Affairs Office helps us when we need to navigate public services in China. She took me to the hospital today to get a blood test. In the taxi we were talking about diabetes, and she said, "If you have diabetes, you have to eat less sugar, and have a rest."

Based on my post yesterday, it was too timely not to share.  (Btw, she is also my tutor, so remember her in your prayers, she puts up with a lot, haha.)

P.S. I don't have diabetes, just sugary urine, for some reason. It must be all the sugar and spice and everything nice I am made of.

2 comments:

  1. Well, she's totally right! LOL

    Hope you're ok...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally with the Chinese on the 'have a rest' thing. I lock the kids in their rooms for at least 1 hour each day so that I can have a rest- Usually about 45 minutes of reading followed by a good power nap.

    ReplyDelete