Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Forked

Over the weekend, I was eating dinner at an Indian restaurant with some friends and when I lifted my fork to my mouth for the first bite, I misjudged and stabbed myself in the lip with it. D'oh!  I felt like a real idiot. I guess that's how you know you've been in China for a while, you forget how to eat with a fork without hurting yourself. No wonder baby forks are plastic.

Chopsticks are pretty cool, though. Once you get the hang of it, they are pretty easy to eat with, and force you to take smaller bites. And they strengthen your hand muscles and improve dexterity. I used to carry a pair of chopsticks in my bag, because most places don't have sanitary chopsticks for you to use; there is just a communal chopstick holder on the table. But I got lazy and now just suck it up and use their chopsticks. I figure at least I am building up germ immunity. HOWEVER, I was looking for a picture of chopsticks to use for this story and found this picture. It's a bra that can store two sets of disposable chopsticks below the 'bowls.' You can awkwardly reach into your bra and pull out a pair of clean chopsticks? AWESOME!  I want a swimming suit with this capability ASAP, dinner on the beach solved!


Photo link

6 comments:

  1. Now there's a bra every woman needs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny...victorias secret may market this. :)
    With this swine flu around, you best start bringing your own again.
    I have given up on learning to use them...it just does not work for me. The upside is, I would lose some weight if I ONLY had to use chop sticks. The downside is I would be one cranky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly, I'm pretty dextrous with those chop sticks myself, I worked for a Japanese company for 3 years and spent alot of time using them....I can shovel food into my gob pretty quickly with them!

    That bra is something else...seriously lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've used chopsticks.

    Once.

    Wearing a white shirt.

    At a wedding.

    And didn't spill a drop. I'd spill stuff on me normally if I used a sippy cup.

    Best I can figure I was focusing all my attention at overcoming the effects of unlimited tabletop Heiniekens to use the chopsticks.

    Somewhere there is a photo of me on the floor after a table broke, and it took over a year after the wedding till I found the tie I had been wearing that night...

    But at least my chopstick record is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loooove eating with chopsticks and would kill for that bra contraption! Yey!

    Rebecca's blog rocks :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cant say thats a bra I would ever have thought up myself! But I am sure the creator is pretty proud.

    I like your idea about carrying your own chopsticks...I've always wanted my own pair. There are some nice selections out there!

    ReplyDelete