Saturday, June 12, 2010

I Don’t Have TB! And Other Exciting Recent Events

Wow, time flies!

E. came down for a few days, and then I had to go to Chengdu for my end-of-service-very-thorough medical examination. It lasts a few days, and we get tested for communicable diseases and whatnot; I check out okay on all fronts, yay! And blood pressure 114/78, bring on the salt!

We have our parasite test the day before we leave, and I don’t think you want to know the details of how that is done. But, I hope to also be parasite free, cross your fingers for me.

Last Tuesday night we had girl’s night at the movies and saw Prince of Persia. Definitely China-good, meaning, only good because we are living in China and need the American eye-candy. My Chinese friend Summer came with us and she liked it a lot, for the same reason we did. Hotness is the universal language, y’all.

I got in late last night and had to teach early this morning as a make-up for the days off I get next week for Dragon Boat Festival. Tonight we are watching the U.S./Britain soccer game at 2:15 AM, and then the beginning of the week we’ll head to a river city nearby to watch the boat races. So, another busy week on the menu.

I feel like I’m on one of those centrifugal force amusement park rides, and it’s going faster and faster, and it won’t stop until it flings me out of China back to America. I might be sick before this is all over.

Btw, I’ve already established a ‘No Goodbye’ list: those few people here I can’t bear to say goodbye to, so I’ve already told them I won’t be saying goodbye; we’ll just be meeting up again in the U.S. after a short separation. It’s the only way I can bear it.

7 comments:

  1. Your last paragraph sounds so sad, but I can understand your not wanting official goodbyes. I hate them, too!

    Best of luck on your parasite test! :) You'll do fine, Chica!

    Hugs, Ily

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the great things about technology, is that people you move away from are really never "gone forever"... thanks to email, skype and blogging, you can keep in touch. Which is really nice. Focus on that, and I'm sure it will help with the sad feelings. :)

    PS: And YES, the CFA "spicy chicken sandwich" IS all that AND a bag of chips... totally addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you don't have TB. ???
    :)
    Bring on the salt...you made me laugh so many times today.
    I like the idea of the NO goodbye list. Smart move. I am bad at goodbyes as well.
    Put your seatbelt on...you have a few more loops before it is over.
    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Glad you don't have TB. I do have a friend who didn't get so lucky after a stinit teaching in China!

    Oh and so smart to have a no good bye list. Makes the see you later list longer...but easier to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. (( big hugs )) I feel for you, I really do... goodbyes suck. Looks like you're handling it a very sane way :-)

    As for the parasite testing, of course we all want to know! sheesh! tell us!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought about seeing that movie too...and its all about the eye-candy. Like the new layout btw!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You never have to say goodbye to the ones you love....You can say "See you later!"

    ReplyDelete