Monday, October 12, 2009

Ci Qi Kou Pictures

There's a restored neighborhood/tourist trap in Chongqing called Ci Qi Kou (pronounced 'sih chee ko'). This past week was my first trip there since I moved to CQ last year. I took these pictures more toward the outskirts of the neighborhood, where the shops end and the homes begins; this part is not as restored, but I thought it was more interesting. As always, click to enlarge!

Ci Qi Kou hillside view:



Little boys playing hide and seek in an alleyway:



I covet this chest!



My friends:



Dragon decorations:



Please don't ask me what this means, I have no idea!:



Btw, Chongqing is pronounced 'chong ching', so whenever I read about people imitating the Chinese language by saying, 'Ching Chong China' I always think, 'No, but there is Chongqing, China!'

4 comments:

  1. These pics are the real deal. I love 'em, especially the little boys playing in the alleyway.

    PS - When are you going to walk away with that chest??

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are great, I really love the playing/lauging boys.
    I would love to know the meaning of that sign, mother and urinating boy???? Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now we're talking..rather now you're blogging. Awesome pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I covet that chest too, even if it's "made in China" LOL!

    Very pretty place, but why is it a tourist trap?

    ReplyDelete