Thursday, August 7, 2008

Pijiu Wednesdays

A few of us get together on Wednesday nights to kickback and drink pijiu at an outdoor beer garden ("pee-geo" = beer). After weeks of cramming Mandarin into my head, eating new foods, walking new streets and generally facing the unfamiliar every day of my life, Pijiu Wednesday is an oasis. And I always laugh really, really hard- my friends here are hilarious. The best mental health medicine ever.

I snapped this recently about halfway through the night. Guess which drink is mine? (And that's my new phone on the table, which I also love. Seriously.)


P.S. Today is Chinese Valentine's Day. I love you all!

4 comments:

  1. We (like :-) you to Becca :o)

    Nice phone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Chinese Valentines! Funny pic. The Diet Coke stands out somehow...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading about your experiences. The idea is so cool. I would just never have the nerve. 8]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that picture. It's very artistic. :)

    ReplyDelete