Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My New Apartment

In a word: SWEET.

I live on campus in the foreign teacher's apartment building. It's a converted hotel so I have a balcony, too. The apartment is in a very safe location behind two school gates, a manned foyer, a locked entrance to the stairwell, and then my front door. They are very serious about our safety.

The university location is amazing as well, it is a block from the main shopping avenue in the area and the metro stop. There are skyscrapers and neon lights and people everywhere. It is like living off of Times Square. But then when I get back behind the school gate, there are trees and manicured lawns and grasses everywhere, very peaceful. It is the best of both worlds. I could not have asked for a better assignment. I hope you will think seriously about coming to visit! Here are some pictures:

Bedroom:

Living room:

Kitchen:


Western style bathroom:

3 comments:

  1. Wow it's lovely - much bigger than I would have expected. Tell me, what is the difference between a "western" bathroom and an "eastern" one?...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet digs, indeed!

    We can come visit?! That'd be awesome :o)

    I bet you're glad to have a real toilet!

    TD: Scroll down a little, she posted about it already......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn: I know you would if you could. I will keep my fingers crossed though!

    Techno: Eastern style is a squat toilet and no proper shower, just a hose coming out of the wall.

    WW: Of course, you are welcome anytime. You would do much better justice to the area in pics than I will. Come on over :)

    ReplyDelete