Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Aftershocks

It's too early for me to be awake, but there was another strong aftershock about two hours ago and the adrenaline rush of being awakened in such a manner is making it difficult to sleep. These happen quite often and I still wonder each time "Is this going to escalate? Do I need to run?"

So far we have had no damage, only shaking. I have been reassured that in the city center the buildings are more stable and I don't need to worry, but my adrenaline has obviously not gotten the message.

1 comment:

  1. Hey baby, what's shakin'???

    I know, I know... bad joke. I don't mean to make light of your fear. I've been through many earthquakes myself and they're no fun at all. I'm sure the ground is still just settling from their big one and you're going to be just fine.

    ReplyDelete