Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Wait, Does This Mean You All Really Know Kung Fu, Too?

Today in English class I needed to add up a large string of numbers from the chalkboard, the results of a poll we’d done in class. I got out my trusty calculator and was about halfway way through when the students started yelling out the total. I turned around with a surprised look on my face and said without thinking, “You did that in your head?” They just shrugged. D’oh! Dumb American teacher, twelve o’clock! I was tempted to tell them we don’t learn math in school in America, but they wouldn’t have gotten the joke. Er...yeah. Joke. I’ll stick with that story.

Gotta love teaching in China.

9 comments:

  1. I need a calculator too. For everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a calculator too. I am an actuary for crying out...

    So you're ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. >I am an actuary for crying out...

    ROFLMAO

    I was a year behind in math for much of school...but I now can run circles around most people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha Ha, this is funny!

    I can't do math so I married an accountant. Now I don't have to worry about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. *giggle*

    so it's true what they say about those chinese wizz kids!

    we be so stupid over here. i blame the school system though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just perpetuating the stereotypes.
    I stink at math.
    Really, even general math makes me ill.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm lost without a calculator. Me and numbers...we don't mix!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol...without a calculator, I guess I would need to keep your class in my pocket to make it !

    ReplyDelete