Monday, February 22, 2010

Time Goes By

My birthday weekend in Vegas was awesome! Thanks for all the birthday wishes. I forgot my camera (again!) but I have been to Vegas several times. Here are some of my favorite pictures from past trips:

A view of Las Vegas Blvd:


Me and a friend I met there:


A bride waiting at a bus stop at 2:00 AM:



Kids playing a joke on David:



Vegas, there really is no place like it in the world. I had a great time at Sephora, Rebecca bought some super strong pigment silver eye shadow (Urban Decay in Vapor) and nail polish (Sephora OPI in Queen of Everything) for my birthday. I'm really into strong metals these days. My little brother got me this awesome Michael Kors costume jewelry perfume ring from Sephora. I love it!


My friend and I had a good time, and I ate many delicious foods. (That is Chinglish, btw; they aways say 'delicious foods' to describe all foods.) I'd say more, but you know the rule! Haha.

I have a few more days left here, I'm trying to get everything done. Time has flown by. It's weird, I was so freaked out by America that first week or so, but now I've gotten used to it again. And now it's time to go back. *sigh* I feel like I'm caught between two cultures.

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you had a great time in Vegas. I love how the first picture captures all the motion! I really need to check out the Sephora OPI colors, I am a huge fan of OPI. It must feel weird being caught between two cultures. Which do you prefer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You *are* caught between two cultures, and sometimes you just need to embrace it with all you can. See the good in both worlds, so to speak.

    Delicious foods... I love that word, LOL! (was it juicy burger n'fries??)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you had a fun trip...can't believe you forgot your camera!!!
    I love all your birthday goodies...I have a huge collection of OPI nail polish too.
    Enjoy your last few days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caught up you are indeed in an interesting way. How your senses react to the two cultures is imbued in your blog which makes it so authentic ad intriguing.

    I miss Vegas. Maybe we should have a blogger reunion of sorts in Vegas. Nic pics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had fun! Was it so weird going from the China extreme to the American extreme (ie Vegas). It certainly wasnt the calm parts of America - but it looks like you had a blast. Hope you had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete