Thursday, January 7, 2010

You'd Think This Would Be An Easy Thing To Remember...

The tour guide who led me around JinSha Relic Site gave me a mic to wear so we could keep in touch while I checked things out close up. Related: I think he had been trained how to conduct tours for Westerners because he stood really far away from me at all times. I couldn't figure out if he were standing unnaturally far away, or if I have just become so accustomed to having no personal space it seemed super far away but was actually normal Western spacing. I think this means I'm totally going to embarrass myself in America by standing 6 inches from someone in line at Target.* But I digress....

So he and I were both wearing mics, and mid-way through the tour I needed to use the bathroom. I went on my way and it wasn't until I was washing my hands that I realized my mic was still on. OOPS. I was mortified! I hope that either A: we were far enough out of range of each other that he couldn't hear me or B: he turned his mic off.

Note to self: when peeing, turn off all transmission equipment.

*I'm pretty much planning on going to SuperTarget everyday I'm home. It's my happy place.

12 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! That would be incredibly embarrassing but what can do you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so funny!!!
    And if you invade my personal space at super target, I will get your ankles with my cart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL again. I just saw that it listed my name as 'Miss' Nicole-it's my old china teacher account. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so funny! You'll never seem him again, but he probably laughed about it with all his friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that is classic! People in Super Target are always too close. And in Super Walmart. I try and go after a workout so they'll stay FAR away :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh God that is so something I would do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! Thats mortifyingly funny. I am so sorry it happened to you. I cant imagine what others listening were thinking! Hope it was just #1 and not #2!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this story! :D I wonder what he was hearing/thinking...and why you didn't ask him about it afterwards. I would've. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL too funny!

    At least it was "just a pee" :-D

    ps: Target rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, thank goodness, only peeing. It's one of those things you can't be upset about, it's too silly not to laugh!

    ReplyDelete