Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Taking My Temperature

I'm not a hypochondriac, I'm just pretty sure every time I get sick I might die. A headache?  A likely brain tumor. Stomach cramps?  Uh oh, stomach cancer in the making! My mom says I get this from my Aunt Olga, who also leaps to the worst possible conclusions. 

So I love taking my temperature, because it proves I really am sick, dammit! I even brought my favorite thermometer to China. And thank goodness I did, because I have come down with the flu/food poisoning (again!) and have taken my temperature approximately every hour in the last 24 hours. The highest it got was 102.7. I was simultaneously shaking under the covers and sweating like a lying pig, but thank goodness I had something to confirm my sickness. (You can't buy a thermometer here, btw, they don't use them.) 

If I ever have kids, guaranteed they will tell their therapist about their crazy mom taking their temperature all the time. 

Also, I love Andrew because he got me Sprite without being asked. What a nice guy! 

1 comment:

  1. AWWWWWWW feel better soon lady. And Good Andrew for bringing you Sprite!!!

    ReplyDelete