Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sleeping Hat

I like wearing hats to bed. No, wait. I LOVE it. 
I picked up the habit in San Antonio, where I had no heat in my bedroom and six very large, drafty windows. (It's pretty warm in San Antonio, except those few winter weeks when it's not.) I've picked up the habit again here in China, where indoor heating is not so efficient, i.e. no wall insulation, big drafty windows, and a heater located about a foot from the ceiling. (Side note to China: heat rises.)
Also, I hate sleeping with my ears uncovered*. Usually I pull the blanket high up over my head so my ears are well covered, but with a hat, I can just pull it down over my ears and eyes. Right now I am using a furry, soft hat my mom sent me for Christmas. I couldn't tell if it was a really soft bag, or a hat. So I might be sleeping with a bag on my head. Who cares, I love it. 
And, I think I need to find an adult version of the hat in this picture. 
*I always thought this was just me, but my grandma said she hates it too! 

1 comment:

  1. Need a Head Sockz...I have one in my winter hiking kit.

    Actually, nomex hoods work well, too.

    Oddly, I find I can't wear a hat while hiking in winter once it's bitterly cold -- the moisture builds up and freezes under it, then it can't breath and gets worse! But as soon as I stop, I have to throw something on.

    ReplyDelete