Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving

Well, I hope all you Americans had a nice Thanksgiving. I had dinner (not Thanksgiving dinner, just dinner) with some of the other volunteers in the area. It was fun, but no Thanksgiving like at home. I had to work that day too, which seemed all wrong. But I got a few messages from students wishing me Merry Thankgiving, it was very cute. My students are the reason I am still here. And my family called me at 1:30 AM and again at 7 AM, which was fun. I'll be posting a short lesson about time changes shortly.  Just kidding, I love you guys, I am glad you called. Even if I was half-asleep both times. 

Here a few pics I thought you might like. The first one is how a cloth napkin (rare here) is used. Instead of laying it flat in your lap, you make it into a little catcher cloth. Kind of nifty, I think, and more practical. Just don't slide your plate into your lap! 


The second is a quick snap of the lunch puppy. He was hanging out by the grill this day. Actually there are three puppie that live here, but I don't know where the other two went. This is the outside patio, the inside is painted like a nursery on LSD, I must take pictures of it soon. The couple who owns it are soooo nice and their food is really good. It's my favorite place for a quick lunch when I am at school. Do you like the little stools? That is the standard seating for these street restaurants. 

3 comments:

  1. LOL about the time change issue. Too funny!

    I love the napkin idea - that's so much more practical! Though, knowing my often clumsy ways, I'd probably be the one to dump a plate on my lap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, the napkin thing is neat! And keeps things neat too, most likely.

    I can't see the puppyyyyy! Need a better photo :-D please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is funny about the time. I always have to think about when I call Jeremy. We missed you this year at Thanksgiving! could you email me your address. I can't find it. thanks

    ReplyDelete