Saturday, November 1, 2008

Haunted Walks

I hate being scared, but I love historical ghost walks or "haunted walks". Several U.S. cities have them (Boston, New Orleans) and I went on a great haunted walk in Ottawa when I was there last year.

On a haunted walk, a guide takes a group on a walking tour of buildings and places that have haunted ghost stories. It's a great way to see the city you are visiting, as well as hear history about the buildings and people.

Next time you are traveling to a major city, check and see if they offer a haunted walk. Really fun!

Also, the Bowery Boys ( my favorite podcasters) have several podcasts about haunted and creepy places in NYC. Check them out on iTunes the next time you are there.

2 comments:

  1. Haunted walks I can handle....it's Haunted Houses I just can not do....it stems from childhood! haha

    I have this memory of turning around, screaming, then running back out the way I came.....scaredy cat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must run in the family. I love this stuff too! They have a cool on in Salt Lake by the cemetary in the Avenues where we used to live. It was cool.

    ReplyDelete