Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Confidence

My smart little brother asked me one time, when I was having a really bad day, what I was learning about myself by being here. It took me a few days to come up with an answer. I don't think everything I am learning is apparent to me right now, hard to see the forest for the trees, but one thing is certain: I can't imagine what will still be intimidating to me upon returning to the U.S. If I can survive this culture, this language, this country, this political system, this food, etc, what can really be scary to me?

So for those that know me, you know that I am often high-strung and worrisome and prone to anxiety. I just plain worry a lot, due to a lack of confidence. But maybe that will change.

4 comments:

  1. Becca,

    I am working through something similar. We should talk soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, it's interesting, because I feel the exact same way after having gone through 17 hours of natural labor with JJ. It was a horrible experience that I wouldn't wish on anyone, but nothing really intimidates me anymore, because I always think, "Well, it's not as bad as labor!"

    I am so sorry that you're going through such a rough time, but your're right: if nothing else, you will be a more confident person for having gone through this. But I really do think there must be more to it than just that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strange, I would never classify you as someone that lacked confidence. Hang in there! We're all rooting for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with all the things the other people here said. And I'm glad that I am no longer the only one who thinks I'm smart!! :)

    ReplyDelete