Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Electric Blanket Under the Sheets

My apartment in China does not have central heat, so it gets quite chilly in here. I bought an electric blanket (which I pray doesn't catch on fire--products here are not known for their reliability and safety) but follow the Chinese tradition of placing the blanket underneath the bottom sheet and cotton mattress pad, not over the top comforter.  I turn it on about an hour before I am going to go to bed, and it is delicious crawling into the bottom-up warmed sheets.  I'll probably die in a fire for keeping an electric blanket under a cotton pad and sheet, but it sure is nice while it lasts. 

I also love the heat lamps someone installed in the bathroom ceiling, the only heat source in there. Brightest light ever, but very nice when you step out of the shower. 

3 comments:

  1. Rebecca Look, I am Brazilian and I feel the same admiration you for this great actress who is Mariska Hargitay.Essa woman is like an angel radiating love and tenderness around them. I read about this world of celebrity, where people predominate selfish and futile, worried the vast majority appear in more and more. Then I see Mariska, simple, humble in his greatness and generosity of spirit, dedicated to helping the next and my heart is filled with wonder and am almost ternura.Já grandmother and mother could be almost dela.Se I had a beautiful daughter and Mariska (I have only sons) and I would feliz.Porque she becomes convinced that it is a great figure humana.Ah! if all celebrities were like Mariska Hargitay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delightful...the warm bed, not the dying in a fire part. LOL

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol...

    I think that "warm cozy bed" is what Jake the Dalmatian tries to telepathecially tell me when I kick him out each even from being curled in front of my pillows.

    Unfortunately it only heats up a small portion of the bed when he curls up there.

    ReplyDelete