Saturday, July 24, 2010

My Favorite "Guess Where I'm Calling You From?" So Far

R. went to Tibet last week, and earlier this week I got a phone call from her: "Guess where I'm calling you from? Mt. Everest!" She was at Everest Base Camp, and China Mobile has a cell tower there. Now I can leave China with every experience complete.

(Have I mentioned I dread having to navigate American cell service again? I heart China Mobile.)

She came back to Chongqing for one day on her way to America, and as promised, we didn't say "goodbye"; instead, I stood next to the van taking her to the airport and bawled. It was really hard to see her go. Too many goodbyes these days! It's draining me. I cry a little bit, over something, literally everyday. I'm just exhausted. Sooo not ready for any more goodbyes, and I have some really difficult ones coming up. I have one more week in my city, then I go back to headquarters for a few days before I fly out. I need to make sure I stay really hydrated! 

I went to a Buddhist mountain this week. It was a really neat experience. I'll be writing more about it when the weekend is over. I need to download my photos from my camera, but I am just too tired to do it today. 

Back to packing. 

5 comments:

  1. Hi, I am the owner of the blog of photography http://photographymc.blogspot.com/

    I have added in the favorite, your blog is really beautiful and useful compliments ;-)

    I would like an exchange links with you.

    In my photography blog articles on photographic techniques, Photoshop tutorials, digital cameras and photomontage.

    Tell me what do you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be just as emotional as you are.
    You will have issues with cell phones when you get back, but maybe not as much as you think. Some providers are great.
    Good luck with your packing...just think: Family. Friends. Taco's. Target!
    take care, Suz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be incredibly emotional too. I suck at goodbyes. Sending big hugs across the miles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're mourning, in a way, and grief is draining both emotionally and physically... There's no way to ever get "good" at these kinds of things!

    So yes stay hydrated and maybe try to see the beauty in these emotions, it means you have bonded with many people, you have loved and lived and are so much the richer for it all.

    This will never leave you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can sense your sadness all through this post. Like you, I don't like goodbyes, but goodbyes are not forever; you can always keep in touch and reconnect with those people and places you fell in love with!

    I can't wait to see your photos and have you back in the states safe and sound. Soak up all the wonderful memories you can, Chica! They will stay with you.

    ReplyDelete