Thursday, January 15, 2009

Wolverine

I saw a trailer today for Wolverine: Origins and literally I started feeling woozy and flush. (In other parlance: I swooned.) I had NO idea this movie was coming out, but evidentally it has passed the Chinese movie censors and will be playing locally. 
I'll never forget being dragged to the original X-Men movie with a group of friends, only to be blown away by the first sight of Wolverine in the cage fight, all sweat and snarl and sexy as hell. I think I went back five times. And someone gave me a Wolverine collectible trading card that I placed over the odometer on my car's dashboard; pretty sure my mechanic made fun of me behind my back every time I brought my car in. 
Seeing Wolverine on screen today reminded me of everything I love about my home culture: hot, strong men, rough and ready, not afraid to kick ass and take names. There ain't nothing harmonious about Wolverine! 
And he just looks realllly good in those jeans and leather jacket. Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure Wolverine is why I think men smoking a cigar is hot! 

2 comments:

  1. Small World! Guess what I found (and bought) yesterday at Wal-Mart? All three X-Men movies for just $13. How freakin' cool is that?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I only have the 1st one of DVD. Ooooh I am going to have to pull it out while I am here.

    ReplyDelete