Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Friends


This is me and Nicole (and Jonny in the background) in Xi'an. Nicole is my best friend here in the Peace Corps; we went through training together and she is assigned to a small town about 2 hours from Chongqing. She served for two years in Benin with the PC, then transferred here. She's from Orlando, FL and has a Masters in Literature. She is very talented at languages and scored the highest out of our group on our languate test. She is a lot of fun and I am glad she's here! I call her "xiao pengyou" or "little friend" because she is tiny. Jonny is assigned about 18 hours away so I hardly ever get to see him, but he is hilarious!  He came to China last year, so he's an old hat here. Nicole and I are planning a trip to go see him at his site this Spring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment