Monday, November 30, 2009

Tongue Saver Idea

This morning while teaching a class I took that first swig of my oolong tea and OH SWEET DRAGONS, THE PAIN, my tongue is still scorched from the scalding hot water. And the thing is, I guess I am not very smart, this happens to me all the time. (Boiling hot water for tea is provided for us at school all day long.) I'm evidently terrible at calculating heat loss divided by time lapse. Or time lapse divided by heat loss. Whatever.

So then I had the best idea ever: why not make tea/coffee travel tumblers out of that plastic-y material they make mood rings out of? You could easily see when your coffee or tea moves from boiling-hot to drinkable hot-hot, and determine your favorite color of hot. No more scorched tongues! Has anyone invented this yet? (I ask because I had the idea to put television shows for sale on the internet about three years before iTunes came out, and hello! I don't want that to happen again.) If not, I'm inventing it now. I want one!

Related: have you ever had a great invention idea you found out was already invented?

7 comments:

  1. They say that if you can think of something, it's probably been invented but I say if you're in China and have never seen one, then it's time to invent it and market like crazy! :-D

    Hope your tongue feels better... treat it with ice cream! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you need to hide this post, request a patent for your idea and market the heck out of it. It sounds simply BRILLIANT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is an awesome idea..quick, get your patent!

    I actually thought of the internet way before Al Gore. :0

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea!

    Right now I have this plan for a dating website... I know, I know ANOTHER dating website, but trust me, my idea is pretty unique and awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your mood tumbler idea. That would make a great Christmas gift!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was given a mug from an airline that does exactly that and thank god, because, time after time, I do exactly the same thing you do and burn my tongue with my tea (we have a hot water machiney thing in the kitchen here at work). The logos come out when it's hot!

    Can't taste my genmaicha when my tongue is burned to a crisp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a great idea! You should develop that for sure.

    ReplyDelete