Thursday, May 13, 2010

Reason #362 I'm Gonna Miss China

#362: The conversations I have here that I will have no place else. For example:

T., holding out to me the t-shirt he wants to wear that day: "Does this shirt smell too much like hot pot*?"

And I love that he doesn't ask me if it smells like hot pot, but if it smells too much like hot pot.

I take the shirt. I sniff.

Me: "It smells a little like hot pot, but unless someone buries their face in your chest, it'll be okay."

T.: "Cool." (Throws on the shirt.)

I'm really gonna miss China.

*I routinely shower after eating hot pot, because yes, the smell somehow permeates everything. 

5 comments:

  1. LOL! That's awesome! When you get home just substitute "hot pot" for "fried grease" - same effect ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny..."too much" like hot pot. :D

    I think you'll miss China for many reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like going to an indian restaurant. the rest of the week you and your clothes will smell like indian food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! You are just going to have to make hot pot when you go home and then continue the tradition! :))

    ReplyDelete