Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tobe Specials

My cousin Tobe taught me to make these sandwiches, one of his specialties. I made them for my friend Rich, who recently asked me if I would make it for him one last time before I leave. I think he will miss the Tobe Specials more than he will miss me. Not that I blame him. Here's the recipe, as I remember it (I'm sure Tobe will pipe up if I'm wrong):

1 plain bagel, sliced
American cheese
cream cheese
1 fried egg
sliced deli ham

Add some sliced ham to one side of the bagel and put both halves in the oven to lightly toast/heat up the ham. When the ham is warm, open the oven and add the American cheese. Keep toasting until the cheese is melted. In the meantime, fry an egg, then add it to the ham and melted cheese bagel half. Slather the other bagel half with cream cheese. Put the halves together and eat. YUM. (Also delicious without the ham, for weirdos who don't eat meat.)

5 comments:

  1. Is that fat free? :-D

    mmmmmm. hungry now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. too funny. Tobe has a revised healthier version now that he makes. I miss the old ones though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy heart attack! That sounds goooooooood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that may be the best sandwich ever invented. And I'm not just saying that because I'm Tobe either...

    The healthy version is similar to an Egg McMuffin from McDonald's...

    1 English Muffin
    Non-Fat (or low fat) Cream Cheese
    1 Tbsp of "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter"
    1 Egg
    1 Slice of Canadian Bacon

    Toast both halves of English Muffin with ICBINB spread. Add the fried egg and ham as above. Not as good, but very filling and a tasty substitute.

    Dammit Rebecca, why'd you bring that recipe up again? Now my mouth is watering and I can't make one because I still have to cut 6 lbs. for this fight I have on the 21st.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For some reason I always giggle when I see the words Canadian and Bacon together ;)

    ReplyDelete